I think in life there are a few commonly known etiquette rules such as:*Say "Please" and "Thank you"...
*Say "Excuse me..." if you bump into someone...
*Don't put your feet on the dinner table...
Apparently the following are not as commonly known:
*DO NOT TALK ON YOUR CELL PHONE IN A PUBLIC BATHROOM
*DO NOT SING IN A PUBLIC BATHROOM
*DO NOT KICK STALL DOORS
A few days ago, I was in the bathroom at work and all of the sudden I was at a Kelly Clarkson concert. The girl in the stall next to me was belting out songs VERY loudly. I couldn't figure out why she thought the bathroom stall was an appropriate place to sing at the top of her lungs.
This situation helped me remember another situation that I was in once...
I walked into the bathroom at work and a lady (already in a stall) said:
"Hello!" I was a little startled by this greeting to the bathroom...I stood there and tried to figure out if I should say "Hi" back (I didn't want to be rude). As I deliberated she said "How are you?" That REALLY confused me! I didn't know if I should say "Hi, I'm good." "Hi, you're weird...don't talk to strangers"...then clarification came...she was on her cell phone! It was a good thing I didn't say "Hi" back!
Which brings me to one more bathroom situation...
A friend and I were in the bathroom at work before we had to leave to go run errands. The first stall in this particular bathroom at work is never used. We wanted to see if the door even opened. So...my friend kicked the door...and we heard "Uh...yes..."...for the first time EVER there was someone in the stall. I felt really bad for the individual that was in the stall...I mean, can you imagine having the door kicked while you were in a stall? Scary, right?
And so, remember that there are rules on what you can and can't do in a public restroom...NO SINGING! NO CELL PHONE TALKING! NO KICKING STALL DOORS (even if you think the stall is empty)!


5 comments:
That's both funny AND disturbing.
Sounds like one of those crazy wild stories. I don't know anyone who kicks stall doors. Reminds me of the time we went to pick Rachelle up at Deseret Towers and had to yell her name out the window. I thought everyone did that.
Did you not know the harmony part to the Clarkson song? Is that why you didn't join in with her?
Oh my heck! I had the same experience a couple years ago! What is wrong with people? Seriously??? P.S. Nicole showed me your blog. Funny stuff.
Yo sista! You need to start posting again. You've got a full fall tv lineup to blog about!! :)
Post a Comment