Everyone knows the cute little rhyme that you hear when you're a child...
Five little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped his head
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said:
"NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!"
Apparently somewhere in the singing of the song I missed the moral of the story..."Don't jump on the bed or you'll get a bump on your head."
At night I have a routine, I turn the light off walk to my bed get all snuggley and THEN turn the lamp on. Well, last night I got a burst of energy right before I got into my bed so the routine was altered just a little. I turned off the light and decided to jump into my bed. However, I was closer to my bed than I thought I was when I launched myself into my bed. Instead of landing nicely on my bed my head landed firmly on the wall. I have a slight bump and a headache today. But, I learned my lesson "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I wonder if there are any other "morals" I missed from nursery rhymes?



1 comment:
You are too funny... but lets see what other moral of the poems could you have missed...
Lady Bug Lady Bug Fly away home (Don't play with matches, or make sure you have a pudding pan to get under in caser of fire!)
I love little pussy, I'll do her no harm...(Don't pull the cats tail or you'll get scratched)
I little yellow birdie hopped unpon my window sill... (Keep your windows closed!)
I'll keep thinking of more!
Post a Comment