Friday, August 29, 2008

Summer Love

This summer I went on vacation to Phoenix, and I fell in love. However, I didn't exactly fall in love with a "real person"...more a fictional character/book series. I started Twlight (book 1) on the plane to Phoenix. I read the whole book the next day, I just couldn't put it down. I realized I was going to finish the book and immediately went to buy New Moon (book 2). I read this book the next few days...It took me more than one day because I ventured out into the hot air of Phoenix, rather than reading 24 hours straight. Turns out, Phoenix is too hot for me at the end of July. When Kathryn and I arrived at the airport in Phoenix to fly back to Salt Lake I realized I was going to finish the second book while on the plane. We had to make a stop at the Borders in the airport for me to buy Eclipse (book 3). I finished this book on August 1 at 10:00 PM...just in time to go stand in line for two hours for Breaking Dawn (book 4), which was released at 12:00 AM on August 2.

This is where I realized that I was IN LOVE...For those of you thinking "You went and stood in a line for two hours to buy a BOOK...AT MIDNIGHT?!" Don't worry, I thought the same thing while standing in line. I thought several times "Wow, I have reached a new level here...this obsession with these books can't be healthy." But, I stayed in line and bought my book. While I waited in line it gave me time to see that my obsession wasn't as severe as many, many others...I mean, I didn't run from the store crying and screaming...I didn't sit down on the curb to read my book right there...I didn't even jump in the air saying "I love you Edward"...So, me standing quietly in line waiting to buy my book so I could go home to read it isn't that bad.
I enjoyed the series so much that I started to read book one again (I did wait a few days before starting it and I have paced myself a little bit). I started again so that I could be ready for the movie that is coming out in November.
And yes, I will wait in line for a few hours to see this movie at midnight the night it comes out...after all, it wouldn't be true love if I didn't...

2 comments:

katieo said...

ok. I love that you took a picture of yourself reading Twilight...or did Riley take that?

Are you going to tell your work chums about your entrance into the blog world?

Sarah said...

That a really good picture of yourself! Although, I'm a little disappointed that your blog didn't have more "JUICE" to it. I thought you found your one true love... Oh well, a good book is ok too.

Stop going out with friends and getting back so late!