I've moved into a new house! (well, new to me) I will post pictures soon, so you can see the cute quirky house. The girls I live with are awesome!However...I've learned something in the last few months of my transition from "basement dweller" to "social upstairs liver"...I am a light sleeper. Consequence of this learning curve...loss of sleep... A LOT of it. I do not sleep through talking, keys on the dresser, creaky wood floors, loud doors being shut, movies, etc... The other night after I tried to go to bed at 10:30 PM and was still awake at 2:00 AM...I decided it was time to make a change. So I went to Target the next day and bought EAR PLUGS! The only kind they had were "Sleep Pretty In Pink" ear plugs...which I figured was some sort of sign that I should get them (because my favorite color is pink).
I went home after purchasing them and decided to practice sleeping with them. I needed to make sure that I could hear my alarm. The test run went great! That night before I went to bed my roommate and I practiced again, she slammed doors, turned on the TV, walked around...I could hear those things only faintly. Needless to say, I was EXCITED! So night one, I went to sleep with the ear plugs. I woke up in the middle of the night because I was coughing and realized that I had slept through my roommates coming home and going to bed. I did a little cheer of excitement in my bed!
I'm two nights in to sleeping with the ear plugs and it is GREAT! They're taking some getting used to...but, I think the ear plugs and I are going to have a long fulfilling relationship.


2 comments:
I've just added an eye mask and ear plugs to my list of facial necessities (:
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment