It's that time again, the season finale of The Bachelorette is just around the corner. I'm amazed at the influence this show has on me. Every Monday I get together with 4 of my closest girlfriends and we watch this show. We TiVo it, which is nice because we have to pause it SEVERAL times throughout the show because:*We have to discuss our well thought out theories on who is going home or who is going to "win".
*We are talking about how cute one of the guys is.
*We are gasping (or screaming) at the shock of who she has picked or not picked.
After the show, we talk about the preview for next week and discuss our theories again. Then on Tuesday, I talk about the show with friends at work and we talk about the previous night's episode...just to discuss everything that I had talked about with my friends the night before.
Throughout the last 10 (yes, TEN) weeks, I've thought about how this TV show has helped develop friendships in my life. It has given a topic to conversations, it's helped me talk to people that I may not talk to as much. After many of these conversations I've thought..."What in the world would I talk about without these AWESOME TV shows?"


No comments:
Post a Comment